When something falls in the eye...
When small particles of charcoal, wood, sand, etc. falls in the eye they settle down in the conjuctiva, cornea and under the upper eye lid. They cause irritation and can damage the eyesight. In such a situation, please observe the following.
- Do not rub the eye. Wash with plenty of water
- Lift the upper eyelid and pull it down over the lower eyelid and move the eyeball.
- This will help in removing the foreign body from the eye.
- Let the tears was it away. Most of the time, tears will do the cleaning.
- Ask some other person to take out the offending particle with the help of a clean wet cloth.
- If the particle does not come out easily, consult an Eye Doctor immediately.